Welcome to Doe River ...
A typical abbreviation for Doe River: Doe Riv.
Doe River is 2,240 feet [683 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Doe River is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Doe River lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Doe River: (250) & (778)<2>
Communities near Doe River ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Doe River.
- Dawson Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolla
- Rolla lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Doe River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rolla
- Cherry Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cherry Point
- Cherry Point lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Doe River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cherry Point came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cherry Point
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clayhurst
- Clayhurst lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Doe River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clayhurst
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bay Tree
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bay Tree
- Bay Tree lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Doe River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bay Tree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bay Tree
- Briar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Briar Ridge
- Briar Ridge lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the south of Doe River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briar Ridge
- Bear Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Canyon
- Bear Canyon lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Doe River
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear Canyon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Canyon
- Iracard - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iracard
- Iracard was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the south of Doe River
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Iracard. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tower Lake
- Tower Lake lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the west of Doe River
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tower Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Doe River ...
Looking for more information about Doe River? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Doe River, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Doe River.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Doe River. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Doe River - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Doe River) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Doe River. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Doe RiverOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Doe River. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.0167, Longitude: -120.0833 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|