Welcome to Bay Tree ...
While we don't have a date for the founding of Bay Tree, you might get a feel for it by knowing that during our research the earliest mention that we found (so far) was on a map dated 1956.
Time Zone: Bay Tree lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Bay Tree: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bay Tree: T0H<2>
Communities near Bay Tree ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bay Tree.
- Dawson Creek
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the west)
- Pouce Coupe
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the southwest)
- Briar Ridge
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the southwest)
(7 miles [11.3 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bonanza came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bonanza
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bonanza
(10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rolla
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Rolla
- Iracard ‑ Historic
(11 miles [17.7 km] to the southwest)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Iracard. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Iracard
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gordondale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gordondale
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Gordondale
- Doe River
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Doe River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Doe River
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Doe River
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gundy
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Gundy
- Shearer Dale
(18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shearer Dale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shearer Dale
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Shearer Dale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bay Tree ...
Looking for more information about Bay Tree? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bay Tree, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bay Tree.
Adding Bay Tree to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Bay Tree was on a map titled Map of Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Bay Tree.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bay Tree. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Bay Tree, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bay Tree). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bay Tree or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|