Welcome to Taylor ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Taylor, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated August 23, 1958.
Taylor is 1,490 feet [454 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Taylor lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Taylor: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Taylor: V0C<3>
Communities Also Named Taylor ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 55 communities that are also named Taylor - they are located in Alabama (3), Alaska, Arizona (2), Arkansas (2), California (2), Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho (3), Illinois (2), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan (3), Mississippi, Missouri (2), Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York (2), North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio (2), Oklahoma (2), Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania (2), South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia (2), Wisconsin and Wyoming (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Taylor.
Communities near Taylor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Taylor.
- Fort Saint John
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baldonnel
- Baldonnel lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baldonnel
- Two Rivers
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Rivers
- Two Rivers lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Taylor.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Two Rivers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Rivers
- Pine Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Valley
- Pine Valley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clairmont
- Clairmont lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clairmont
- Grand Haven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Haven
- Grand Haven lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Haven
- Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tower Lake
- Tower Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tower Lake
- Cecil Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cecil Lake
- Cecil Lake lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cecil Lake
- Charlie Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Charlie Lake
- Charlie Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Taylor.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charlie Lake
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Taylor ...
Looking for more information about Taylor? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Taylor, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Taylor.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Taylor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Taylor - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Taylor). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Taylor or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Taylor) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Taylor. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TaylorOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Taylor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.1554, Longitude: -120.6844 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|