Welcome to Lower Miami ...
Lower Miami is located in Gila County<1>.
The location of Lower Miami has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Lower Miami is 3,350 feet [1,021 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Lower Miami is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Lower Miami lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities near Lower Miami ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lower Miami.
- Globe [Gila County]
- Superior [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superior
- Superior [Pinal County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Lower Miami
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,178 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superior
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Superior<5>
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Lower Miami
- Pinal [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Gila County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Lower Miami
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Lower Miami
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
- Cutter [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutter
- Cutter [Gila County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Lower Miami
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutter
- McMillenville [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McMillenville
- McMillenville [Gila County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Lower Miami
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McMillenville have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- McMillenville has also been known as:
- Silver King [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver King
- Silver King [Pinal County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Lower Miami
- Pinal [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Pinal County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southwest of Lower Miami
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pinal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- San Carlos [Gila County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Lower Miami. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Lower Miami.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Lower Miami. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Lower Miami.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Lower Miami. See our Newspapers Page for Lower Miami.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lower Miami ...
Looking for more information about Lower Miami? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Lower Miami, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Lower Miami.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lower Miami. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lower Miami - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lower Miami) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lower Miami. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4067, Longitude: -110.8557 In this case, the coordinates for Lower Miami have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|