Welcome to Pinal ...
So far, we have found very little information about Pinal. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Pinal to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pinal, please Contact Us.
Pinal would have been located within present day Pinal County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Pinal, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Pinal was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Pinal ...
While we believe that this Pinal is located in Pinal County, we know of another 2 Arizona communities named Pinal. Those communities are located in the following counties: Gila and Mohave County.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Pinal.
Communities near Pinal ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pinal.
- Miami [Gila County]
- Silver King [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver King
- Silver King [Pinal County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Pinal
- Smelter Town [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smelter Town
- Smelter Town [Pinal County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Pinal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Smelter Town have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smelter Town
- Gold Camp [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Camp
- Gold Camp [Pinal County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Pinal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Camp have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold Camp
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Queen Valley [Pinal County]
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Pinal
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
- Gold Canyon [Pinal County]
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Kearny [Pinal County]
- Midland City [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midland City
- Midland City [Gila County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Pinal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Midland City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midland City
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Pinal. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Pinal.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Pinal. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Pinal.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Pinal. See our Newspapers Page for Pinal.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Pinal, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pinal, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pinal) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pinal. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pinal
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pinal. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.2777, Longitude: -111.1386
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|