Welcome to Top-of-the-World ...
Top-of-the-World is located in Gila County<1>.
Top-of-the-World is 4,520 feet [1,378 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Top-of-the-World is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Top-of-the-World lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Top-of-the-World ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Top-of-the-World - they are located in California, New Mexico and Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Top-of-the-World.
Communities near Top-of-the-World ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Top-of-the-World.
- Globe [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Globe
- Globe [Gila County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the east of Top-of-the-World
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,347 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Globe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Globe<4>
- Superior [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superior
- Superior [Pinal County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Top-of-the-World
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,178 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superior
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Superior<4>
- Miami [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miami
- Miami [Gila County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the northeast of Top-of-the-World
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,780 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miami
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Miami<4>
- Silver King [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver King
- Silver King [Pinal County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Top-of-the-World
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Pinal [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Pinal County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Top-of-the-World
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pinal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Midland City [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midland City
- Midland City [Gila County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Top-of-the-World
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Midland City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midland City
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Top-of-the-World
- Pinal [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Gila County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Top-of-the-World
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinal
- Queen Valley [Pinal County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Top-of-the-World. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Top-of-the-World.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Top-of-the-World. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Top-of-the-World.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Top-of-the-World. See our Newspapers Page for Top-of-the-World.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Top-of-the-World ...
Looking for more information about Top-of-the-World? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Top-of-the-World, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Top-of-the-World.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Top-of-the-World. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Top-of-the-World - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Top-of-the-World) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Top-of-the-World. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Top-of-the-World
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Top-of-the-World. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3506, Longitude: -110.9897
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|