Welcome to Claypool ...
Claypool is located in Gila County<1>.
Claypool is 3,320 feet [1,012 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Claypool is about ¾ mile [or 1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Claypool lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Claypool: (928)
The ZIP code for Claypool: 85532<3>
Communities Also Named Claypool ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Claypool - they are located in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Claypool.
Communities near Claypool ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Claypool.
- Globe [Gila County]
- Superior [Pinal County]
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Claypool
- Pinal [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Gila County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Claypool
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Claypool
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
- Cutter [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutter
- Cutter [Gila County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Claypool
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutter
- McMillenville [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McMillenville
- McMillenville [Gila County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Claypool
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McMillenville have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- McMillenville has also been known as:
- Silver King [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver King
- Silver King [Pinal County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Claypool
- Pinal [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Pinal County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Claypool
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pinal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- San Carlos [Gila County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Claypool. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Claypool.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Claypool. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Claypool.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Claypool. See our Newspapers Page for Claypool.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Claypool ...
Looking for more information about Claypool? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Claypool, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Claypool.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Claypool. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Claypool - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Claypool). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Claypool or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Claypool) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Claypool. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Claypool
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Claypool. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4107, Longitude: -110.8445
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|