Welcome to Silver King ...
So far, we have found very little information about Silver King. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Silver King to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Silver King, please Contact Us.
Silver King would have been located within present day Pinal County<2>.
Time Zone: The area where Silver King was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Silver King ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Silver King - they are located in Idaho and Montana.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Silver King.
Communities near Silver King ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Silver King.
- Globe [Gila County]
- Miami [Gila County]
- Pinal [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Pinal County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Silver King
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pinal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Silver King
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Smelter Town [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smelter Town
- Smelter Town [Pinal County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the west of Silver King
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Smelter Town have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smelter Town
- Gold Camp [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Camp
- Gold Camp [Pinal County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Silver King
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Camp have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold Camp
- Queen Valley [Pinal County]
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Midland City [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midland City
- Midland City [Gila County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Silver King
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Midland City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midland City
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Silver King
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Silver King. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Silver King.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Silver King. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Silver King.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Silver King. See our Newspapers Page for Silver King.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Silver King, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pinal, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Silver King) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Silver King. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Silver King
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Silver King. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.3299, Longitude: -111.0876
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|