Welcome to Copper Hill ...
So far, we have found very little information about Copper Hill. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Copper Hill to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Copper Hill, please Contact Us.
Copper Hill would have been located within present day Gila County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Copper Hill is 4,120 feet [1,256 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Copper Hill is about ¾ mile [or 1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Copper Hill was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Copper Hill ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Copper Hill - they are located in Nevada, New Jersey and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Copper Hill.
Communities near Copper Hill ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Copper Hill.
- Miami [Gila County]
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Cutter [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutter
- Cutter [Gila County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Copper Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutter
- McMillenville [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McMillenville
- McMillenville [Gila County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Copper Hill
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McMillenville have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- McMillenville has also been known as:
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Copper Hill
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
- San Carlos [Gila County]
- Silver King [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver King
- Silver King [Pinal County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Copper Hill
- Peridot [Gila County]
- Superior [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Superior
- Superior [Pinal County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Copper Hill
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,178 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superior
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Superior<5>
- Pinal [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Pinal County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Copper Hill
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Pinal. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Copper Hill. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Copper Hill.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Copper Hill. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Copper Hill.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Copper Hill. See our Newspapers Page for Copper Hill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Copper Hill, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Copper Hill - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Copper Hill) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Copper Hill. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Copper Hill
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Copper Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.4276, Longitude: -110.7679
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|