Welcome to McMillenville ...
So far, we have found very little information about McMillenville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added McMillenville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with McMillenville, please Contact Us.
McMillenville would have been located within present day Gila County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of McMillenville, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
McMillenville was established in 1876.
The origin (or the toponymy) of McMillenville: Named after Charles McMillen, a prospector who was a co-discoverer of the Stonewall Jackson Mine.
The community of McMillenville has also been called McMillanville. and McMillianville. For more information about the names of McMillenville, see The Names of McMillenville on our Genealogy Page.
While the community is gone, the present day location for McMillenville is 4,440 feet [1,353 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of McMillenville is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where McMillenville was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
McMillenville would have been located in the (928) area code.
Communities near McMillenville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near McMillenville.
- Globe [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Globe
- Globe [Gila County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southwest of McMillenville
- Estimated population in 2019: 7,347 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Globe
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Globe<6>
- Miami [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miami
- Miami [Gila County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southwest of McMillenville
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,780 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miami
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Miami<6>
- Copper Hill [Gila County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Hill
- Copper Hill [Gila County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southwest of McMillenville
- Pinal [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinal
- Pinal [Gila County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the south of McMillenville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinal
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Claypool [Gila County]
- Midland City [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midland City
- Midland City [Gila County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the southwest of McMillenville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Midland City have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midland City
- Cutter [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cutter
- Cutter [Gila County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the south of McMillenville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cutter
- San Carlos [Gila County]
- Peridot [Gila County]
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Top-of-the-World
- Top-of-the-World [Gila County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the southwest of McMillenville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Top-of-the-World
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around McMillenville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for McMillenville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of McMillenville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around McMillenville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around McMillenville. See our Newspapers Page for McMillenville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about McMillenville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around McMillenville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- McMillenville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McMillenville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McMillenville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in McMillenville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.5571, Longitude: -110.6799 In this case, the coordinates for McMillenville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|