Census Data for Willow ...
As far as we can tell, Willow has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Willow, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Houston
- Houston lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Willow
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 2,412 people. This represents a 26.15% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,912 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Houston<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Y
- Y lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Willow
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Y came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Y
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasilla
- Wasilla lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Willow
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 10,838 people. This represents a 38.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 7,831 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasilla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasilla<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palmer
- Palmer lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the east of Willow
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 7,456 people. This represents a 25.59% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,937 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palmer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Palmer<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anchorage
- Anchorage lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the south of Willow
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 288,000 people. This represents a 1.31% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 291,826 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anchorage
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Anchorage<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Willow ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Willow:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Willow:
- GNIS ID for Willow: 1417146
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 85280 (Willow)
- State & Place Code: 02/85280 (Alaska / Willow)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Willow is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Willow, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Willow. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Willow:99688<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Willow.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Willow. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Willow) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Willow. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Willow
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Willow. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 61.7565, Longitude: -150.0480
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Willow or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).||