Census Data for Peters Creek ...
As far as we can tell, Peters Creek<1> has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Peters Creek, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasilla
- Wasilla lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the north of Peters Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 10,838 people. This represents a 38.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 7,831 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasilla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasilla<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palmer
- Palmer lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Peters Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 7,456 people. This represents a 25.59% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,937 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palmer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Palmer<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anchorage
- Anchorage lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Peters Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 288,000 people. This represents a 1.31% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 291,826 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anchorage
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Anchorage<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Houston
- Houston lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Peters Creek
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 2,412 people. This represents a 26.15% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,912 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Houston<3>
Miscellaneous Information for Peters Creek ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Peters Creek:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Peters Creek:
- GNIS ID for Peters Creek: 1407913
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 60420 (Peters Creek)
- State & Place Code: 02/60420 (Alaska / Peters Creek)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Peters Creek is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Peters Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Peters Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||It's a common practice for mapmakers to remove the apostrophe from possessive names. So Peters Creek may originally have been Peter's Creek. Sometimes the trailing 's' might be dropped altogether, in which case Peters Creek might be written as Peter Creek. For more information, please visit our Genealogy Helper Page for Peters Creek.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Peters Creek) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Peters Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 61.4111, Longitude: -149.4456 In this case, the coordinates for Peters Creek have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|