Census Data for New Hamilton ...
As far as we can tell, New Hamilton has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for New Hamilton, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Emmonak
- Emmonak lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the west of New Hamilton
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 819 people. This represents a 7.48% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 762 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Emmonak
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Emmonak<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alakanuk
- Alakanuk lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of New Hamilton
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 774 people. This represents a 14.33% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 677 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alakanuk
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alakanuk<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kotlik
- Kotlik lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of New Hamilton
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 638 people. This represents a 10.57% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 577 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kotlik
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kotlik<2>
- Nunam Iqua
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nunam Iqua
- Nunam Iqua lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the southwest of New Hamilton
- Former name for Nunam Iqua: Sheldon Point
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 207 people. This represents a 10.7% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 187 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nunam Iqua
Miscellaneous Information for New Hamilton ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of New Hamilton:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to New Hamilton:
- GNIS ID for New Hamilton: 1406967
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 53320 (New Hamilton)
- State & Place Code: 02/53320 (Alaska / New Hamilton)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- New Hamilton is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for New Hamilton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Hamilton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- New Hamilton) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Hamilton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 62.7311, Longitude: -163.9258 In this case, the coordinates for New Hamilton have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|