Census Data for Naknek ...
As far as we can tell, Naknek has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Naknek, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Egegik
- Egegik lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the south of Naknek
- The population in 2015 was estimated at 106 people. This represents a 2.75% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 109 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Egegik
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Egegik<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Naknek ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Naknek:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Naknek:
- GNIS ID for Naknek: 1406798
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 52060 (Naknek)
- State & Place Code: 02/52060 (Alaska / Naknek)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Naknek is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Naknek, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Naknek. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Naknek:99633<3>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Naknek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Naknek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Naknek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Naknek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Naknek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Naknek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.7293, Longitude: -157.0063
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Naknek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|