Census Data for Mountain Point ...
As far as we can tell, Mountain Point has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Mountain Point, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saxman
- Saxman lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Mountain Point
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saxman have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 385 people. This represents a 6.33% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 411 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saxman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ketchikan
- Ketchikan lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Mountain Point
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 8,284 people. This represents a 2.91% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 8,050 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ketchikan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ketchikan<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kasaan
- Kasaan lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Mountain Point
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 48 people. This represents a 2.04% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 49 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kasaan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kasaan<3>
Miscellaneous Information for Mountain Point ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Mountain Point:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Mountain Point:
- GNIS ID for Mountain Point: 1423817
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 50960 (Mountain Point)
- State & Place Code: 02/50960 (Alaska / Mountain Point)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Mountain Point is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Mountain Point.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mountain Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mountain Point) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mountain Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.2944, Longitude: -131.5325 In this case, the coordinates for Mountain Point have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|