Census Data for Kakhonak ...
As far as we can tell, Kakhonak has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Kakhonak, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newhalen
- Newhalen lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the north of Kakhonak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 187 people. This represents a 1.58% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 190 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Newhalen have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newhalen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nondalton
- Nondalton lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the north of Kakhonak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 133 people. This represents a 18.9% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 164 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nondalton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nondalton<3>
Miscellaneous Information for Kakhonak ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Kakhonak:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Kakhonak:
- GNIS ID for Kakhonak: 1404333
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 36880 (Kakhonak)
- State & Place Code: 02/36880 (Alaska / Kakhonak)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Kakhonak is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Kakhonak.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kakhonak. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kakhonak) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kakhonak. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kakhonak
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kakhonak. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.4419, Longitude: -154.7558 In this case, the coordinates for Kakhonak have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|