Census Data for Happy Valley ...
As far as we can tell, Happy Valley has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Happy Valley, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Homer
- Homer lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the south of Happy Valley
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 5,922 people. This represents a 18.37% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,003 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Homer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Homer<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kachemak
- Kachemak lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Happy Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kachemak have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 490 people. This represents a 3.81% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 472 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kachemak
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seldovia
- Seldovia lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the south of Happy Valley
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 275 people. This represents a 7.84% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 255 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seldovia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Seldovia<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Happy Valley ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Happy Valley:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Happy Valley:
- GNIS ID for Happy Valley: 1866949
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 31710 (Happy Valley)
- State & Place Code: 02/31710 (Alaska / Happy Valley)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Happy Valley is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Happy Valley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Happy Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Happy Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Happy Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Happy Valley
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Happy Valley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.9472, Longitude: -151.7322 In this case, the coordinates for Happy Valley have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|