Census Data for Ester ...
As far as we can tell, Ester has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Ester, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairbanks
- Fairbanks lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Ester
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 30,917 people. This represents a 1.96% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 31,535 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairbanks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fairbanks<2>
- North Pole
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Pole
- North Pole lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Ester
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 2,094 people. This represents a 1.09% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 2,117 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Pole
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for North Pole<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nenana
- Nenana lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the southwest of Ester
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 357 people. This represents a 5.56% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 378 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nenana
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nenana<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Ester ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Ester:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Ester:
- GNIS ID for Ester: 1397658
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 23460 (Ester)
- State & Place Code: 02/23460 (Alaska / Ester)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Ester is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Ester, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Ester. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Ester:99725<3>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Ester.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ester. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Ester) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ester. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ester
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ester. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 64.8504, Longitude: -147.9711
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Ester or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|