Census Data for Dora Bay ...
As far as we can tell, Dora Bay has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Dora Bay, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Population Rings for Dora Bay ...
- To help identify the number of people who live in Dora Bay and the surrounding area, we have drawn concentric rings centered on Dora Bay. We counted the number of communities within each ring and summed their populations.<3> We don't have the population of Dora Bay, so its people haven't been included.
- 25 mi [40 km] radius: there are 3 communities with a total population of 443 people. This is a change of +4.24% since the 2010 Census.
- 30 mi [48 km] radius: there is one community with a population of 9,116 people. This is a change of +2.59% since the 2010 Census.
Miscellaneous Information for Dora Bay ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Dora Bay:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Dora Bay:
- GNIS ID for Dora Bay: 1866942
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 19660 (Dora Bay)
- State & Place Code: 02/19660 (Alaska / Dora Bay)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Dora Bay is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Dora Bay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dora Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dora Bay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dora Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dora Bay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dora Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.1889, Longitude: -132.2953 In this case, the coordinates for Dora Bay have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The communities in our count are those provided by the 2010 Census, so keep in mind that our population rings will only include the people living in those communities. Smaller communities usually don't participate directly in the Census and therefore they won't be included. While our count is a close approximation, it shouldn't be considered as a complete or accurate count.||