Census Data for Caswell ...
As far as we can tell, Caswell has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Caswell, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Y came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<1>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Y
- Y lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Caswell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Y
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Houston
- Houston lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the south of Caswell
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 2,412 people. This represents a 26.15% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,912 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Houston<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasilla
- Wasilla lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Caswell
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 10,838 people. This represents a 38.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 7,831 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasilla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasilla<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palmer
- Palmer lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Caswell
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 7,456 people. This represents a 25.59% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,937 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palmer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Palmer<3>
Miscellaneous Information for Caswell ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Caswell:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Caswell:
- GNIS ID for Caswell: 1400075
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 11580 (Caswell)
- State & Place Code: 02/11580 (Alaska / Caswell)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Caswell is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Caswell.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alaska Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caswell. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Caswell) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caswell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 62.0047, Longitude: -149.9479 In this case, the coordinates for Caswell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|