Census Data for Butte ...
As far as we can tell, Butte has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Butte, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palmer
- Palmer lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northwest of Butte
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 7,456 people. This represents a 25.59% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 5,937 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palmer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Palmer<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wasilla
- Wasilla lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the west of Butte
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 10,838 people. This represents a 38.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 7,831 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wasilla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wasilla<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Houston
- Houston lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the west of Butte
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 2,412 people. This represents a 26.15% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,912 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Houston
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Houston<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anchorage
- Anchorage lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Butte
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 288,000 people. This represents a 1.31% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 291,826 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anchorage
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Anchorage<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Butte ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Butte:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Butte:
- GNIS ID for Butte: 1893762
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 09710 (Butte)
- State & Place Code: 02/09710 (Alaska / Butte)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Butte is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Butte.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Butte. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Butte) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Butte. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Butte
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Butte. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 61.5422, Longitude: -149.0333 In this case, the coordinates for Butte have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|