Census Data for Auke Bay ...
As far as we can tell, Auke Bay has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Auke Bay, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Juneau
- Juneau lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Auke Bay
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 31,974 people. This represents a 2.24% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 31,275 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juneau
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Juneau<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hoonah
- Hoonah lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Auke Bay
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 791 people. This represents a 4.08% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 760 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoonah
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hoonah<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gustavus
- Gustavus lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> to the west of Auke Bay
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 447 people. This represents a 1.13% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 442 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gustavus
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gustavus<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Auke Bay ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Auke Bay:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Auke Bay:
- GNIS ID for Auke Bay: 1398469
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 04760 (Auke Bay)
- State & Place Code: 02/04760 (Alaska / Auke Bay)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Auke Bay is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Auke Bay, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Auke Bay. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Auke Bay:99821<3>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Auke Bay.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Auke Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Auke Bay) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Auke Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Auke Bay
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Auke Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 58.3833, Longitude: -134.6597 In this case, the coordinates for Auke Bay have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Auke Bay or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|