Census Data for Akiachak ...
As far as we can tell, Akiachak has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Akiachak, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kwethluk
- Kwethluk lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the south of Akiachak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 762 people. This represents a 5.69% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 721 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kwethluk
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kwethluk<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bethel
- Bethel lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Akiachak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 6,586 people. This represents a 8.32% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 6,080 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethel
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bethel<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Napaskiak
- Napaskiak lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Akiachak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 410 people. This represents a 1.23% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 405 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Napaskiak
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Napaskiak<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Napakiak
- Napakiak lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southwest of Akiachak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 370 people. This represents a 4.52% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 354 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Napakiak
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Napakiak<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nunapitchuk
- Nunapitchuk lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<1> to the west of Akiachak
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 530 people. This represents a 6.85% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 496 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nunapitchuk
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nunapitchuk<2>
Miscellaneous Information for Akiachak ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either or the community of Akiachak:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Akiachak:
- GNIS ID for Akiachak: 1398011
- GNIS ID for State of Alaska: 1785533
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 02 (Alaska)
- Place Code: 00760 (Akiachak)
- State & Place Code: 02/00760 (Alaska / Akiachak)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Akiachak is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Akiachak, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Akiachak. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Akiachak:99551<3>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Akiachak.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Alaska
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Akiachak. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Alaska: alaska.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Akiachak) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Akiachak. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Akiachak
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Akiachak. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 60.9109, Longitude: -161.4363
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Akiachak or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|