Around Viking ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Vegreville. It is located about 30 miles [48 km] to the north of Viking.
The next largest community is Killam.
It is located about 20 miles [ km] to the south of Viking
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Viking.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruce
- Bruce lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Viking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruce came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holden
- Holden lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Viking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarrow
- Jarrow lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southeast of Viking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinsella
- Kinsella lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the east of Viking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kinsella came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinsella
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavoy
- Lavoy lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the north of Viking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavoy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minburn
- Minburn lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Viking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Viking
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranfurly
- Ranfurly lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the north of Viking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranfurly
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strome
- Strome lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Viking
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strome
Curious and Interesting Names Near Viking ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Viking.
Airports Near Viking ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Viking and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Viking.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Viking ...
Looking for more information about Viking? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Viking. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Viking, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Viking.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Viking. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Viking were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Viking) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Viking. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from VikingOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Viking. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0833, Longitude: -111.7833 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Viking), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|