Around Luscar ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hinton. It is located about 24 miles [38 km] to the north of Luscar.
The next largest community is Jasper.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the southwest of Luscar
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Luscar.<2>
- Brule (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Cadomin (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Coalspur (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalspur
- Coalspur lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Luscar
- Coalspur has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalspur
- Hinton (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Jasper (31 miles [49.9 km] to the southwest)
- Mercoal (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mercoal
- Mercoal lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercoal
- Pocahontas (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pocahontas
- Pocahontas lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Luscar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pocahontas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pocahontas
- Robb (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robb
- Robb lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robb
- Swan Landing (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swan Landing
- Swan Landing lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swan Landing
Curious and Interesting Names Near Luscar ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Luscar.
Airports Near Luscar ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Luscar and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Luscar.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Luscar
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Luscar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Luscar were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Luscar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Luscar. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LuscarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luscar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0694, Longitude: -117.4000 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Luscar), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|