Welcome to Luscar ...
Luscar is 5,490 feet [1,673 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Luscar is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Luscar lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel west from Luscar, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Telephone area codes for Luscar: (780) & (587)<2>
Communities near Luscar ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Luscar.
- Cadomin (4 miles [6.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Mountain Park (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Luscar
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mountain Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Mercoal (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mercoal
- Mercoal lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercoal
- Coalspur (17 miles [27.4 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalspur
- Coalspur lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Luscar
- Coalspur has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalspur
- Robb (20 miles [32.2 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robb
- Robb lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the northeast of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robb
- Pocahontas (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pocahontas
- Pocahontas lies 23 miles [37 km]<3> to the northwest of Luscar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pocahontas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pocahontas
- Hinton (24 miles [38.6 km] to the north)
- Brule (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Swan Landing (25 miles [40.2 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swan Landing
- Swan Landing lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the northwest of Luscar
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swan Landing
- Jasper (31 miles [49.9 km] to the southwest)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Luscar ...
Looking for more information about Luscar? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Luscar, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Luscar.
Adding Luscar to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Luscar was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Luscar on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Luscar
Find a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Luscar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Luscar - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Luscar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Luscar. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LuscarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luscar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0694, Longitude: -117.4000 |
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|