Welcome to Coalspur (aka 'Coalspar') ...
The community of Coalspur has also been called Coalspar.
Coalspur is 3,900 feet [1,189 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Coalspur is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Coalspur lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Coalspur: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Coalspur: T0E<3>
Communities near Coalspur ...
We have created a list of 8 communities that are near Coalspur.
- Robb (3 miles [4.8 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Robb
- Robb lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Coalspur
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robb
- Cadomin (16 miles [25.7 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Coalspur
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Luscar (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Luscar
- Luscar lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Coalspur
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luscar
- Mountain Park (20 miles [32.2 km] to the southwest) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southwest of Coalspur
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mountain Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Hinton (27 miles [43.5 km] to the northwest)
- Marlboro (27 miles [43.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marlboro
- Marlboro lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the north of Coalspur
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marlboro came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marlboro
- Brule (36 miles [57.9 km] to the west)
- Edson (36 miles [57.9 km] to the northeast)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Coalspur ...
Looking for more information about Coalspur? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Coalspur, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Coalspur.
Adding Coalspur to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Coalspur was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Coalspur on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Coalspur on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Coalspur
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Coalspur. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Coalspur - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Coalspur, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Coalspur). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Coalspur or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Coalspur) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Coalspur. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CoalspurOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Coalspur. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.1828, Longitude: -117.0176 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|