Welcome to Pocahontas ...
The pronunciation of Pocahontas: po-kuh-HAHN-tuhs<1>
Pocahontas is 3,710 feet [1,131 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Pocahontas is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Pocahontas lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you leave Pocahontas and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Telephone area codes for Pocahontas: (780) & (587)<3>
Communities Also Named Pocahontas ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 13 communities that are also named Pocahontas - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Mississippi, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee (2) and Virginia (3).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Pocahontas.
Communities near Pocahontas ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pocahontas.
- Swan Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swan Landing
- Swan Landing lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Swan Landing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jasper came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jasper
- Jasper lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jasper
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jasper<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Luscar
- Luscar lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luscar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cadomin
- Cadomin lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cadomin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yellowhead came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yellowhead
- Yellowhead lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yellowhead
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mercoal
- Mercoal lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<4> to the east of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mercoal
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lucerne came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lucerne
- Lucerne lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lucerne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coalspur
- Coalspur lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<4> to the east of Pocahontas
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coalspur
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Pocahontas ...
Looking for more information about Pocahontas? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Pocahontas, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Pocahontas.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Pocahontas. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The pronunciation we've provided is our attempt to give a phonetic pronunciation for Pocahontas. While it might not be exactly right, hopefully it will be close. If we have it wrong or there's a better way to pronounce the name, please contact us through our Feedback Page.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Pocahontas - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Pocahontas) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pocahontas. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pocahontas
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pocahontas. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2000, Longitude: -117.9167
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|