Curious and Interesting Names Near Luscar ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Entrance (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Entrance
- Entrance lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Luscar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Entrance came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Entrance
- Jasper (31 miles [49.9 km] to the southwest)
- Mountain Park (11 miles [17.7 km] to the southeast) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain Park
- Mountain Park was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Luscar
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mountain Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Pocahontas (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pocahontas
- Pocahontas lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Luscar
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pocahontas came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pocahontas
How Far From Luscar to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Luscar to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Luscar and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 163 miles [262.3 km]<1> to the east northeast (ENE). If you could drive a straight line from Luscar to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 10 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 7 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,922 miles [3,093.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,343 miles [10,208.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,107 miles [11,437.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,225 miles [8,408.8 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Luscar
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Luscar. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Luscar) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Luscar. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LuscarOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Luscar. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.0694, Longitude: -117.4000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Luscar to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.986 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.301 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.865 degrees.||