Around Lougheed ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Wainwright. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the east of Lougheed.
The next largest community is Viking.
It is located about 25 miles [ km] to the northwest of Lougheed
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Lougheed.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alliance
- Alliance lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alliance
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amisk
- Amisk lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southeast of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amisk
- Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battle Bend
- Battle Bend lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battle Bend
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bellshill
- Bellshill lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bellshill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Berkinshaw
- Berkinshaw lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the south of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Berkinshaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fabyan
- Fabyan lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fabyan
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galahad
- Galahad lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galahad
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarrow
- Jarrow lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarrow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinsella
- Kinsella lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Lougheed
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kinsella came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinsella
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strome
- Strome lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Lougheed
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strome
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lougheed ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lougheed.
Airports Near Lougheed ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Lougheed and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Lougheed.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lougheed ...
Looking for more information about Lougheed? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Lougheed. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Lougheed, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Lougheed.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lougheed. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Lougheed were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lougheed) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lougheed. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LougheedOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lougheed. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7448, Longitude: -111.5463 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lougheed), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|