Around Holden ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Camrose. It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the southwest of Holden.
The next largest community is Vegreville.
It is located about 19 miles [ km] to the north of Holden
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bawlf
- Bawlf lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bawlf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruce
- Bruce lies less than 2 miles<2> to the west of Holden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bruce came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Haight
- Haight lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Haight
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Inland
- Inland lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the north of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Inland
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lavoy
- Lavoy lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lavoy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ohaton
- Ohaton lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ohaton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poe
- Poe lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Holden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poe
- Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Round Hill
- Round Hill lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Holden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Round Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Viking
- Viking lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southeast of Holden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Viking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Viking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Viking<4>
Curious and Interesting Names Near Holden ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Holden.
Airports Near Holden ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Holden and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Holden.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the Province of Alberta:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Holden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Unless noted otherwise, the population counts we use should be considered estimates. Our population values for Holden were taken from various sources and although they can be traced back to Statistics Canada (StatCan), they should not be considered official.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Holden) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Holden. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HoldenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Holden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.2332, Longitude: -112.2351 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Holden), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|