Curious and Interesting Names Near Etzikom ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bow Island (29 miles [46.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Etzikom
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<3>
- Conquerville (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conquerville
- Conquerville was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Etzikom
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Conquerville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Conquerville has also been known as:
- Foremost (14 miles [22.5 km] to the west)
- Legend (22 miles [35.4 km] to the west) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Etzikom
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Orion (13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the east of Etzikom
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Seven Persons (29 miles [46.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the north of Etzikom
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Sevenpersons (28 miles [45.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sevenpersons
- Sevenpersons lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the north of Etzikom
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sevenpersons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sevenpersons
- Skiff (30 miles [48.3 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skiff
- Skiff lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the west of Etzikom
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skiff
How Far From Etzikom to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Etzikom to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Etzikom and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 299 miles [481.2 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Etzikom to Edmonton, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take five to six hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,660 miles [2,671.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,449 miles [10,378.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,218 miles [11,616.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,254 miles [8,455.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Etzikom
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Etzikom. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Etzikom) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Etzikom. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EtzikomOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Etzikom. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4788, Longitude: -111.1068 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Etzikom to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.837 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.146 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.287 degrees.||