Welcome to Dunvegan ...
Time Zone: Dunvegan lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Dunvegan: (780) & (587)<1>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dunvegan: T0H<2>
Communities Also Named Dunvegan ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Dunvegan - they are located in Nova Scotia and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dunvegan.
Communities near Dunvegan ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dunvegan.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairview came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairview
- Fairview lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fairview<5>
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
- Poplar Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wanham
- Wanham lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wanham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belloy
- Belloy lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belloy
- Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blueberry Mountain
- Blueberry Mountain lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blueberry Mountain
- Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hines Creek
- Hines Creek lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the north of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitelaw
- Whitelaw lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the northeast of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitelaw
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dunvegan ...
Looking for more information about Dunvegan? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dunvegan, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dunvegan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dunvegan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Dunvegan, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dunvegan). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dunvegan or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Dunvegan) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dunvegan. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Dunvegan
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dunvegan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.9237, Longitude: -118.5991
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|