Welcome to Whitelaw ...
Whitelaw is 2,210 feet [674 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the altitude of Whitelaw is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Whitelaw lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Whitelaw: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Whitelaw: T0H<3>
Adding Whitelaw to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Whitelaw was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Whitelaw on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Whitelaw ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Whitelaw - they are located in Kansas, New York and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Whitelaw.
Communities near Whitelaw ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Whitelaw.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Whitelaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownvale
- Brownvale lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Whitelaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brownvale<5>
- Deer Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Hill
- Deer Hill lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Whitelaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Hill
- Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hines Creek
- Hines Creek lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Whitelaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hines Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunvegan
- Dunvegan lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Whitelaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunvegan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eaglesham
- Eaglesham lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Whitelaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eaglesham came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eaglesham
- Fort Dunvegan - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Dunvegan
- Fort Dunvegan was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Whitelaw
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Whitelaw ...
Looking for more information about Whitelaw? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Whitelaw, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Whitelaw.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Whitelaw. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Whitelaw - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Whitelaw). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Whitelaw or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Whitelaw) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Whitelaw. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WhitelawOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Whitelaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.1092, Longitude: -118.0762 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|