Welcome to Grimshaw ...
The town of Grimshaw is 1,940 feet [591 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Grimshaw lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Grimshaw: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Grimshaw: T0H<3>
Adding Grimshaw to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Grimshaw was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Grimshaw on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Grimshaw ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Grimshaw - it's located in Georgia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Grimshaw.
Communities near Grimshaw ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Grimshaw.
- Peace River
- Saint Isidore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Grimshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitelaw
- Whitelaw lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitelaw
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownvale
- Brownvale lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Grimshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brownvale<5>
- Shaftesbury Settlement
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
- Roma Junction
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roma Junction
- Roma Junction lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northeast of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roma Junction
- Marie Reine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marie Reine
- Marie Reine lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Grimshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marie Reine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marie Reine
- Jean Cote
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jean Cote
- Jean Cote lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Grimshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jean Cote came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jean Cote
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nampa
- Nampa lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southeast of Grimshaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nampa came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nampa
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Grimshaw ...
Looking for more information about Grimshaw? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Grimshaw, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Grimshaw.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Grimshaw. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Grimshaw - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Grimshaw). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Grimshaw or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Grimshaw) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Grimshaw. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GrimshawOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grimshaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.1894, Longitude: -117.6105 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|