Welcome to Nampa ...
The village of Nampa is 1,850 feet [564 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Nampa lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Nampa: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Nampa: T0H<3>
Communities Also Named Nampa ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Nampa - they are located in Idaho and Kentucky.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Nampa.
Communities near Nampa ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Nampa.
- Peace River (16 miles [25.7 km] to the northwest)
- Saint Isidore (11 miles [17.7 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Isidore
- Saint Isidore lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Isidore came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Isidore
- Shaftesbury Settlement (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shaftesbury Settlement
- Shaftesbury Settlement lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Nampa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shaftesbury Settlement
- Reno (5 miles [8 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Reno
- Reno lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Nampa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reno
- Marie Reine (6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marie Reine
- Marie Reine lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marie Reine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marie Reine
- Jean Cote (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jean Cote
- Jean Cote lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jean Cote came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jean Cote
- Roma Junction (19 miles [30.6 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roma Junction
- Roma Junction lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Nampa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roma Junction
- Donnelly (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donnelly
- Donnelly lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Donnelly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donnelly
- Falher (20 miles [32.2 km] to the south)
- Girouxville (21 miles [33.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Girouxville
- Girouxville lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Girouxville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Girouxville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Girouxville<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nampa ...
Looking for more information about Nampa? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Nampa, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Nampa.
Adding Nampa to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Nampa was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Nampa on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Alberta (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Nampa on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Nampa
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nampa. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Nampa - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Nampa). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Nampa or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Nampa) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nampa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NampaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nampa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.0333, Longitude: -117.1167 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|