Communities Also Named Nampa ...
We have found two communities that share the name Nampa.
Within Alberta, the name Nampa is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Canyon County
- This Nampa is located in Canyon County and lies 860 miles [1,384 km]<1> to the south.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nampa
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Canyon County community of Nampa.
- Pike County
- This Nampa is located in Pike County and lies 2,048 miles [3,295.9 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nampa
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Pike County community of Nampa.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nampa ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kathleen
- Kathleen lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the south of Nampa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kathleen
- Peace River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springburn
- Springburn lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Springburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Nampa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
- Three Creeks
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Creeks
- Three Creeks lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the north of Nampa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Creeks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Creeks
How Far From Nampa to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a village such as Nampa to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Nampa and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 223 miles [358.9 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Nampa to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 13 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 9 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,917 miles [3,085.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 75 days and walking would take 109 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,151 miles [9,899.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,913 miles [11,125.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,054 miles [8,133.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nampa. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nampa) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nampa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Nampa
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nampa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.0333, Longitude: -117.1167
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Nampa to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 336.764 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.263 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.18 degrees.||