Communities Also Named Grimshaw ...
We have found one communities that share the name Grimshaw.
Within Alberta, the name Grimshaw is unique.
Beyond Alberta, there is another community also named Grimshaw in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Bulloch County
- This Grimshaw is located in Bulloch County and lies 2,371 miles [3,815.8 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grimshaw
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Bulloch County community of Grimshaw.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Grimshaw ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the west of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Chinook Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chinook Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook Valley
- Chinook Valley lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Judah came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Judah
- Judah lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the east of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Judah
- Last Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Last Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Last Lake
- Last Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Last Lake
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Peace River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tangent
- Tangent lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the south of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangent
- Three Creeks
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Creeks came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Creeks
- Three Creeks lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Grimshaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Creeks
How Far From Grimshaw to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Grimshaw to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Grimshaw and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 244 miles [392.7 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Grimshaw to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,937 miles [3,117.3 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 110 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,148 miles [9,894.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,909 miles [11,119 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,057 miles [8,138.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Grimshaw. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Grimshaw) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Grimshaw. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Grimshaw
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Grimshaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.1894, Longitude: -117.6105
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Grimshaw to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.168 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 338.729 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 323.495 degrees.||