Welcome to Hines Creek ...
A typical abbreviation for Hines Creek: Hines Crk. (or less commonly used: Hines Ck. or Hines Cr.)
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Hines Creek for more information about variations on the name of Hines Creek.
The village of Hines Creek is 2,170 feet [661 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Hines Creek is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Hines Creek lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Hines Creek: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Hines Creek: T0H<3>
Communities near Hines Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hines Creek.
- Fairview (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast)
- Bluesky (18 miles [29 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of Hines Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Deer Hill (10 miles [16.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Hill
- Deer Hill lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the east of Hines Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Hill
- Eureka River (14 miles [22.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka River
- Eureka River lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Hines Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eureka River came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka River
- Dunvegan (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunvegan
- Dunvegan lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Hines Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunvegan
- Fort Dunvegan (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Dunvegan
- Fort Dunvegan was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Hines Creek
- Whitelaw (22 miles [35.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitelaw
- Whitelaw lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Hines Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitelaw
- Poplar Ridge (26 miles [41.8 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the southwest of Hines Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Worsley (27 miles [43.5 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Worsley
- Worsley lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Hines Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Worsley
- Brownvale (28 miles [45.1 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownvale
- Brownvale lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the east of Hines Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brownvale<5>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hines Creek ...
Looking for more information about Hines Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hines Creek, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hines Creek.
Adding Hines Creek to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Hines Creek was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Hines Creek on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Hines Creek
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Hines Creek. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Hines Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Hines Creek). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Hines Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hines Creek) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hines Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Hines CreekOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hines Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.2465, Longitude: -118.6025 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|