Communities Also Named Dunvegan ...
We have found two communities that share the name Dunvegan.
Within Alberta, the name Dunvegan is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Nova Scotia
- This Dunvegan lies 2,495 miles [4,015.3 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunvegan
- This Dunvegan lies 2,010 miles [3,234.8 km]<1> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunvegan
Curious and Interesting Names Near Dunvegan ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blueberry Mountain
- Blueberry Mountain lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bluesky
- Bluesky lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Dunvegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bluesky came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluesky
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gage
- Gage lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Dunvegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gage came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gage
- Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Dunvegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotswood
- Scotswood lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the north of Dunvegan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scotswood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scotswood
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Dunvegan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
How Far From Dunvegan to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Dunvegan to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Dunvegan and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 260 miles [418.4 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Dunvegan to Edmonton, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,973 miles [3,175.2 km] to the east (E). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 77 days and walking would take 113 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,180 miles [9,945.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,940 miles [11,168.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,094 miles [8,198 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dunvegan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dunvegan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dunvegan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DunveganOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dunvegan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.9237, Longitude: -118.5991 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Dunvegan to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 337.983 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.625 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 324.23 degrees.||