Welcome to Rycroft ...
The village of Rycroft is 1,940 feet [591 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Rycroft lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Rycroft: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Rycroft: T0H<3>
Adding Rycroft to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Rycroft was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Rycroft on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Rycroft ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rycroft.
- Spirit River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit River
- Spirit River lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Rycroft
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit River
- Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Ridge
- Poplar Ridge lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Rycroft
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woking
- Woking lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the south of Rycroft
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woking came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woking
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Woking<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunvegan
- Dunvegan lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Rycroft
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunvegan
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Fort Dunvegan - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Dunvegan
- Fort Dunvegan was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Rycroft
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wanham
- Wanham lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the east of Rycroft
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wanham
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belloy
- Belloy lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Rycroft
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belloy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peoria
- Peoria lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Rycroft
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peoria came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peoria
- Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blueberry Mountain
- Blueberry Mountain lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Rycroft
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blueberry Mountain
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Webster
- Webster lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Rycroft
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Webster
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rycroft ...
Looking for more information about Rycroft? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Rycroft, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Rycroft.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rycroft. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Rycroft - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rycroft). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Rycroft or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rycroft) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rycroft. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RycroftOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rycroft. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.7561, Longitude: -118.7082 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|