Curious and Interesting Names Near Conquerville ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bow Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bow Island
- Bow Island lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Conquerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bow Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bow Island
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bow Island<3>
- Grassy Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grassy Lake
- Grassy Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northwest of Conquerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grassy Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Juno
- Juno lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Conquerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Juno
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Legend - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Legend
- Legend was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Conquerville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Legend. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orion
- Orion lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the southeast of Conquerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orion
- Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seven Persons
- Seven Persons lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Conquerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seven Persons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seven Persons
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sevenpersons
- Sevenpersons lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Conquerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sevenpersons came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sevenpersons
How Far From Conquerville to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Conquerville to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<5> community of Conquerville once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Conquerville and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 285 miles [458.7 km]<1> to the north northwest (NNW). If you could drive a straight line from Conquerville to Edmonton, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 17 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 12 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,665 miles [2,679.6 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 65 days and walking would take 95 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,440 miles [10,364.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,209 miles [11,601.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,247 miles [8,444.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Conquerville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Conquerville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ConquervilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Conquerville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6695, Longitude: -111.2238 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Conquerville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Conquerville to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.935 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 332.275 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 320.331 degrees.||