A visit to the Warner Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Warner Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Warner Cemetery (FAG ID #2339666)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere. We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site. Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Warner Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Warner Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Warner Cemetery
Lat: 49.2914° (49° 17' 29")
Lon: -112.2246° (-112° 13' 28")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Warner Cemetery:
- Pages specific to Alberta:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Disaster Stories from Alberta
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 11 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Warner Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coutts came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coutts
- Coutts lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southeast of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coutts
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coutts<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cranford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cranford
- Cranford lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the north of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cranford
- Maybutt - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maybutt
- Maybutt was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Warner Cemetery
- Milk River
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- New Dayton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for New Dayton
- New Dayton lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Dayton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Raymond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Raymond
- Raymond lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Raymond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Raymond<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skiff
- Skiff lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skiff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stirling
- Stirling lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stirling
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Welling
- Welling lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welling
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wrentham
- Wrentham lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the north of Warner Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wrentham
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 5 cemeteries that are within 20 miles [32.2 km] of the Warner Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Warner Cemetery.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bluegrass Hutterite Colony Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2597601<1>
- Milk River Cemetery
- New Dayton Community Cemetery
- Stirling Memorial Cemetery
- Wrentham Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
While our initial data for the Warner Cemetery came from goverment sources, we have also found mention of the Warner Cemetery elsewhere. Typically we have little information to start with, but we try to add detail as we continue our research. We've created the following list to keep track of the sources we found useful in our research about the Warner Cemetery.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Warner Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.2914, Longitude: -112.2246
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|