Communities Also Named Bon Accord ...
We have found two communities that share the name Bon Accord.
Within Alberta, the name Bon Accord is unique.
Beyond Alberta, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these two communities, one is located in Canada and the other in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Johnson County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Iowa community of Bon Accord [Johnson County].
- New Brunswick
- This Bon Accord lies 2,045 miles [3,291.1 km]<2> to the east.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bon Accord
Curious and Interesting Names Near Bon Accord ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Beverly (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beverly
- Beverly lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beverly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beverly
- Carbondale (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carbondale
- Carbondale lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southwest of Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carbondale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carbondale
- Clyde (23 miles [37 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Bon Accord
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Deerland (23 miles [37 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deerland
- Deerland lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the east of Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deerland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deerland
- Gold Bar (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Bar
- Gold Bar lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the south of Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Bar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold Bar
- Hazeldean (22 miles [35.4 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazeldean
- Hazeldean lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Bon Accord
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazeldean
- Legal (10 miles [16.1 km] to the northwest)
- Opal (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Bon Accord
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Opal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
- Redwater (14 miles [22.5 km] to the northeast)
- Virginia Park (18 miles [29 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Virginia Park
- Virginia Park lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Bon Accord
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Virginia Park
How Far From Bon Accord to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Bon Accord to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Bon Accord and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Edmonton, which is the Provincial Capital of Alberta, lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the south (S). If you could walk a straight line from Bon Accord to Edmonton, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of a day.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,759 miles [2,830.8 km] to the east (E). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take most of three days, a buggy would take 69 days and walking would take 100 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,227 miles [10,021.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,993 miles [11,254.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,084 miles [8,181.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Notable Births & Deaths for Bon Accord
Mentions & References for Bon Accord
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bon Accord. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Bon Accord could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bon Accord) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bon Accord. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Bon AccordOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bon Accord. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8333, Longitude: -113.4167 |
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Bon Accord to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 333.752 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 334.699 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.053 degrees.||