Welcome to Deerland ...
Although we found mention of Deerland during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Deerland was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Deerland to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Deerland, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Deerland might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
We believe that Deerland would be found within the (780) and (587)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Deerland ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Deerland - they are located in Florida, Georgia and New York.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Deerland.
Communities near Deerland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Deerland.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lamont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lamont
- Lamont lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the south of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lamont<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bruderhein
- Bruderhein lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruderhein
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waskatenau
- Waskatenau lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the north of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waskatenau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Josephburg
- Josephburg lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Josephburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Star came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star
- Star lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the southeast of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star
- Saint Michael
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Michael came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Michael
- Saint Michael lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the east of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Michael
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Radway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radway
- Radway lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the north of Deerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radway
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Deerland ...
Looking for more information about Deerland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Deerland, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Deerland.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Deerland and then turned west". While Deerland could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Deerland as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Deerland could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Deerland) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Deerland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8908, Longitude: -112.8520
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|