Welcome to Bruderhein ...
The town of Bruderhein was founded in 1894.
Bruderhein is 2,100 feet [640 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Bruderhein lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Bruderhein: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bruderhein: T0B<3>
Websites for Bruderhein ...
Official Website: www.bruderheim.ca/
Adding Bruderhein to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Bruderhein was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Bruderhein on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Bruderhein ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bruderhein.
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lamont
- Lamont lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Bruderhein
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lamont came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lamont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lamont<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chipman
- Chipman lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Bruderhein
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chipman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chipman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Josephburg
- Josephburg lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Bruderhein
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Josephburg
- Hewitt Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hewitt Estates
- Hewitt Estates lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Bruderhein
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hewitt Estates
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star
- Star lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Bruderhein
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amelia
- Amelia lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Bruderhein
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Amelia. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Amelia
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skaro
- Skaro lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Bruderhein
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skaro
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bruderhein ...
Looking for more information about Bruderhein? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bruderhein, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bruderhein.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Bruderhein: www.bruderheim.ca/
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Bruderhein - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bruderhein). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bruderhein or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bruderhein) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bruderhein. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BruderheinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bruderhein. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.8035, Longitude: -112.9265 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|