Welcome to Waskatenau ...
The village of Waskatenau is 2,100 feet [640 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Waskatenau lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Waskatenau: (780) & (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Waskatenau: T0A<3>
Adding Waskatenau to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Waskatenau was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Waskatenau on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Waskatenau ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Waskatenau.
- Smoky Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thorhild
- Thorhild lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the west of Waskatenau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thorhild
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newbrook
- Newbrook lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Waskatenau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newbrook
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warspite
- Warspite lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Waskatenau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warspite
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radway
- Radway lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the west of Waskatenau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Radway came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radway
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skaro
- Skaro lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Waskatenau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skaro
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Abee
- Abee lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northwest of Waskatenau
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Abee
- Saint Michael
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Michael
- Saint Michael lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Waskatenau
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Michael came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Michael
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Waskatenau ...
Looking for more information about Waskatenau? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Waskatenau, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Waskatenau.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Waskatenau. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Waskatenau - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Waskatenau). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Waskatenau or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Waskatenau) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Waskatenau. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WaskatenauOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Waskatenau. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.0956, Longitude: -112.7826 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|