Welcome to Abee ...
While we don't have a date for the founding of Abee, you might get a feel for it by knowing that during our research the earliest mention that we found (so far) was on a map dated 1951.
Abee is 2,170 feet [661 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Abee is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Abee lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Area codes for Abee: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Abee: T0A<3>
Communities near Abee ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Abee.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thorhild
- Thorhild lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thorhild
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Waskatenau
- Waskatenau lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Waskatenau
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochester
- Rochester lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochester
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Newbrook
- Newbrook lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Newbrook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tawatinaw
- Tawatinaw lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ellscott
- Ellscott lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Abee.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ellscott came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellscott
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ellscott<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Radway
- Radway lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Radway
- Anton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anton Lake
- Anton Lake lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Abee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anton Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Opal
- Opal lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Abee.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Opal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Opal
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Abee ...
Looking for more information about Abee? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Abee, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Abee.
Adding Abee to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Abee was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
We also found Abee mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian National Railroad Time Tables (October 1960).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Abee.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Abee. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Abee - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Abee, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Abee). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Abee or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Abee) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Abee. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AbeeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Abee. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.2389, Longitude: -113.0232 |
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|