Welcome to Tawatinaw ...
Tawatinaw is 2,020 feet [616 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Tawatinaw lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Tawatinaw: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Tawatinaw: T0G<3>
Adding Tawatinaw to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Tawatinaw was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Tawatinaw on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Tawatinaw ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tawatinaw.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thorhild
- Thorhild lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thorhild
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vimy
- Vimy lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vimy
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochester
- Rochester lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochester
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pibroch
- Pibroch lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pibroch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larkspur
- Larkspur lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larkspur
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dapp
- Dapp lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dapp
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Perryvale
- Perryvale lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Tawatinaw
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Perryvale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Perryvale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nestow
- Nestow lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Tawatinaw
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nestow
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Tawatinaw ...
Looking for more information about Tawatinaw? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Tawatinaw, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Tawatinaw.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Alberta Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Tawatinaw. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Tawatinaw - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Tawatinaw). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Tawatinaw or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tawatinaw) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tawatinaw. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TawatinawOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tawatinaw. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.2976, Longitude: -113.4827 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|