Welcome to Dapp ...
Dapp is 2,020 feet [616 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Dapp lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Telephone area codes for Dapp: (780) and (587)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Dapp: T0G<3>
Communities near Dapp ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dapp.
- Westlock (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Clyde (17 miles [27.4 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde
- Clyde lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde
- Pickardville (19 miles [30.6 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pickardville
- Pickardville lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of Dapp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pickardville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pickardville
- Jarvie (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jarvie
- Jarvie lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the north of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jarvie
- Rochester (18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rochester
- Rochester lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rochester
- Pibroch (6 miles [9.7 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pibroch
- Pibroch lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pibroch
- Fawcett (15 miles [24.1 km] to the northwest)
- Larkspur (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larkspur
- Larkspur lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larkspur
- Tawatinaw (17 miles [27.4 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tawatinaw
- Tawatinaw lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tawatinaw
- Nestow (14 miles [22.5 km] to the southeast)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nestow
- Nestow lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Dapp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nestow
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Dapp ...
Looking for more information about Dapp? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Dapp, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Dapp.
Adding Dapp to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Dapp was on a map titled Road Map for Montana & Southern Alberta (from Shell Oil, 1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Dapp on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Dapp
The Communities of Alberta
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dapp. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dapp - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (587) is an overlay for area code (780).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Dapp). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Dapp or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dapp) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dapp. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DappOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dapp. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 54.3443, Longitude: -113.9143 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|